Are you an established structural engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Would you like to get involved with delivering some of the world’s most exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design? If so, we want you to join our Structures team in Dublin!
Based in Dublin a stone’s throw away from the Tolka river, our welcoming team is working on a range of prestigious and innovative projects throughout Ireland. This full-time role offers you the chance to deliver structural engineering designs for a range of medium- to large-scale schemes across all sectors, including commercial, residential, retail and education.
About the role:
You’ll be working collaboratively with the team to create structural designs and analyse building structures, and you will play a key role in the successful delivery of projects across their lifecycles, from inception to hand-over and beyond. You’ll deliver detailed, innovative and creative designs, drawings, specifications and design guidance notes using 3D software packages and will craft high quality written reports for internal and external audiences, always keeping an eye on deadlines and accuracy.
Working across boundaries as part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary team, you’ll have a great platform to present your ideas and designs. Ensuring health and safety and sustainability considerations are central to everything you do, you’ll liaise with architects, clients and the wider design team to create efficient and integrated structural solutions. You’ll also have the chance to develop your leadership skills by supporting junior members of the team and through the supervision of design staff, where you’ll provide learning input and verify their design calculations, drawings and specifications.
This is an exciting time for Waterman Moylan as we continue to support the delivery of a Net Zero built environment, whilst our own journey to Net Zero also gathers pace. Our innovative and collaborative culture means that you’ll get to work with experts from across our business to develop your ideas, and you’ll have the chance to put all the latest sustainable design techniques in to practice.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re passionate about structural design, are excited about taking the next step in your career and want to help shape the future of both our company and the built environment.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
• You’ve got a relevant civil or structural engineering degree (ideally a minimum of a Level 8 qualification from a recognised third-level institution), along with at least seven years’ previous experience in this field
• You’ve achieved chartership
• You like to take an innovative and creative approach to structural design and are always eager to explore new techniques and ideas
• You have a great understanding of the Safety and Health Regulations and designer’s responsibilities and are able to show experience of working with the Eurocode Standards
• You’ve got excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to deliver complex and technical information to engineers and non-engineers alike
• You’ve developed exceptional planning, organisational and time management skills, with the capability to balance tasks and prioritise to meet tight deadlines
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• Additional benefits package which includes, employer pension scheme, health insurance, permanent health insurance, life insurance, professional association membership fees and CPD fund
• 24 days holiday per year, rising to 29 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
Waterman Moylan offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and ability, among other benefits.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below.
All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman Moylan is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.